Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Week 5: Building Base Knowledge (Part II)

Assignment #1 & 2: I chose to follow Early Word and I am finding it to be very useful!   I especially enjoy receiving the weekly newsletter in my email. I can quickly scan the featured articles and choose what to look at in more detail as well as stay up to date on what's new and interesting.  Just this week, I learned of chef Eric Ripert's recently released memoir, "32 Yolks" and quickly placed a hold!

I have really enjoyed checking out all of the links on EarlyWord, it is an astonishing amount of information, sometimes it feels a little busy with all of the embedded advertisements but I'm finding my way around.  I especially like the features on New and upcoming film and TV adaptations as well as the NEW movie releases feature, as DVD's are very popular at Woodlawn.

Assignment 3: I selected Amazon’s June Spotlight pick of the month, “Before the Fall” by award-winning screenwriter and author Noah Hawley.  I think that this book will generate interest due to the fan base that Hawley has attracted through the hit FX series “Fargo” as well as the overwhelming positive reviews and attention that the book has received from nearly every popular book review source.  This novel tells the story of the influential passengers on board a private plane that crashes after take off from Martha's Vineyard en route to NYC.  There are two survivors.  The background stories and connections of the passengers revealed by the zealous media coverage of the incident lead to the compelling question "What caused the crash?" This leads to an intensifying and suspenseful plot to find the answer.



No comments:

Post a Comment